EUROPEAN SCHOOL SPORTS DAY
Register your school HERE!
What if every child could #BeActive in school with sport and play? What if every school took one day to celebrate sport in Europe? Could it help students to kick-off a lifetime of health? We say YES. Join us.
WHY? THE FACTS
Plenty of research shows that #Being active makes students healthier and better learners in the classroom. School spirit improves too with fun and inclusive team sports. Does your school have a sports day? Let’s organise one!
TOP FIVE REASONS TO JOIN ESSD
1. Raise the profile of physical education (PE) and sport in schools
2. Create fun and enjoyment through physical activity for young people
3. Promote health and wellbeing for lifelong learning
4. Encourage social inclusion and develop social competence amongst students
5. Connect with other European countries
WHAT MAKES YOUR DAY “ESSD OFFICIAL”?
Getting your school to #BeActive for at least 120 minutes. Run or walk the distance of the given year (e.g. 2019 meters in 2019). Running, hopping, skipping, dancing: any kind of physical activity counts.